One of the primary goals of our client’s website relaunch was to enhance the search engine optimization of the website’s existing and future content. We gave the website’s content creators the ability to create and embed forms without IT support. We also implemented a feature allowing authors to add meta tags to pages. To help users find information more easily, we added a global website search powered by Apache Lucene. We also implemented the ability to narrow a search by searching within the results of a previous search. For content authors, we implemented the Coveo search platform for Sitecore.
Throughout the website redesign process, we continually tested the website for mobile friendliness, search engine optimization, page loading speed and page authoring experience. We also tested all website components to ensure that they would work with any possible configuration and in any possible combination.
We rolled out the redesigned website according to a phased plan in which one translated language went live at a time. The phased launch allowed us to stagger our launch dates and thoroughly test our client’s website between each launch.